Awards given by YCMOU:
In order to encourage the budding talent in different forms of literature at the State level as well as with a view to giving recognition to the distinguished social contributions of certain individuals, the university has instituted the following awards that are given annually
Vishakha Kavya Puraskar:
The award named after the poetic composition of the noted poet laureate and winner of the prestigious Dnyanpeeth Award, Shri V.V. Shirwadkar (popularly known as ‘Tatyasaheb’) is given every year to the best three maiden poetic compositions.
Baburao Bagul Gaurav Puraskar:
In recognition of the noted contributions of Shri Baburao Bagul to the field of Marathi literature, an award has been instituted in his name and is given annually to the maiden story writing productions of a budding short-story writer.
This award is given to any woman who has made outstanding contributions in a given field, particularly in the area of Social Work.
This award is given to a woman who has provided noteworthy services for the upliftment of the downtrodden and neglected class of women in an given area.
This award is given to a person who has made innovative and outstanding contributions in the field of Distance Education.
Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Smruti Puraskar:
The award has been instituted by the university from the contributions of Shivaji Shikshan Sanstha, Amravati in order to honour the person or institute that has contributed innovatively to convetional education.
Awards & Recognition received by University:
· Best Film Award in the UGC-CEC National Video Competition for the film on Insect Anatomy and Morphology. (1994)
· ‘Quality of Life’ Award from the Association of Commonwealth Universities for curricular development in the area of upliftment of women living in impoverished settings. (2001)
· ‘Award of Excellence for Institutional Achievement in Distance Learning’ from the Commonwealth of Learning, Canada. (2002)
· ‘Award of Excellence in Distance Learning Experience’ from the Commonwealth of Learning, Canada to a student who after obtaining a degree through the distance learning mode has made an impact on his/her social milieu. (2004)
· Listing among the ‘Mega Open Universities in the World’. (2005)
· Award for a Film on Environment in the International Film Festival, Finland. (2006)
· The university has developed collaborative ties with the following
· Commonwealth of Learning, Canada.
· Commonwealth Secretariat, London.
· Brock University, Canada.
· Athabasca University, Canada.
· Wawasan Open University, Malaysia.
· The Chartered Management Institute of London, UK
· International food Policy Research Institute for the Global Open Food and Agriculture University, USA